|There be Gulls!|
As you may well have guessed from the Thick-billed Lark I quickly posted up in the week, I've just returned from Morocco again. No, I deserve it. A short visit once more, but extremely profitable, and extremely amusing. In the company this time of a couple of Kent reprobates, I ended up a fair way down south in the deserts near Guelmin. A proper, in so far as I ever do proper, trip report will follow, but here are a few of the highs and lows.
- Photographing Bald Ibis, I had expected a blurry dot
- Screaming across the desert in a 4x4 and finding pretty much everything
- Not getting the shits. Yet.
- Oranges, Bananas, and Wheatears.
- Getting busted by the Police three times for speeding, including twice in a day
- 20 trillion plastic bags
- Spending a morning in close proximity to a raw sewage outlet next to a fish processing plant
- Learning where Mick has a varicose vein
A lot of driving to get down that far, but a proper adventure and I can't wait to go back, it's that good. I've been three times and each time has exceeded the last in terms of the quality of the birding, and the opportunities you get with the camera. Wanstead is a very poor relation I'm afraid. I'm still going through millions of images, but here are a couple of the Bald Ibis to give you a flavour. A full-fat WP tick, given what I would have settled for, the views exceeded my wildest expectations.
Post a Comment