Thursday 30 January 2014

Must. Write. Something.

Nothing to say. This evening I've started about eight blog posts, and never got more than about two sentences. There was one on commuting, There was one on long, dark evenings. There was one on tax. I've forgotten what the others were about, but they all had one thing in common. Boring. And thus were abandoned. This one has that in common too, but the difference is that I've persevered with it. Probably wasn't worth it. The trouble is the age-old one, which is that I have done nothing interesting recently. Neither, I suspect, have many other people, but they perhaps don't like writing as much as I do. I refuse to go watch TV, and I had dinner already. What else is there to do? Plenty of useful things, but they're all domestic. And boring.

In case you hadn't guessed it, I'm bored. Bored of commuting. Bored of winter. Interested in tax, obviously, but only one aspect, which is paying less of it. Unfortunately I don't have that choice and the number is what the number is. At least it's done and I'm not going to get fined. Of birdy things to say, there are none. I popped out very briefly at the weekend, and not since. It has been wet, miserable, and dark, and I would like it to be dry, warm, and light. I sense that it is getting lighter, slowly but surely, but even though Wheatears are potentially only five weeks away, there is still a long way to go.

If you detected a slight pause just then, it is because I stopped and very nearly deleted this entire post. Bet you wish I had. Oh, and before I forget, and because ideally every post should have a photo, there was a minor silver lining on Tuesday, when my commute took over two hours. Having attempted the tube to no avail, I then tried a bus closer to home. None of them stopped as they were all full before they got to me, but on the trudge home I passed a Parakeet. It looked pretty settled, so I grabbed a camera and came back, pleased to find it still there. And then I tried the mainline station, where I spent a happy 45 minutes on the platform and failed to get onto four trains. Then I walked to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment