Here is a map of Wanstead Park that you were no doubt expecting. It is quite big, and like the Flats, would take ages to do it properly. Less dedicated birders have been known to make a bee-line for the Tea Hut and then go home again.
Yellow = Fatso Route
Blue = Worthy Route
Orange = Cop-out Route
1) Reservoir Wood.
2) Shoulder of Mutton Pond.
3) Start of Heronry Pond.
4) Main bit of Heronry Pond, famous for RC Pochard, Goldeneye, and Ruddy Duck (pop!)
5) Western half of The Plain.
6) Eastern half of The Plain.
7) TEA HUT OF HAPPINESS.
8) West end of Perch Pond, boggy, with Water Rail.
9) The Dell.
10) Southern tip of the Ornamental Water.
11) The Old Sewage Works.
12) The river Roding.
13) Grotto - funny antique stone thing. Was probably always useless.
14) Canal, Ornamental Water. Lots of ducks.
15) The Fortifications. Good for Teal.
16) Lincoln Island, good for all three woodpeckers. The bit just below is Rook Island.
17) Warren Wood.
18) Chalet Wood.
19) The Temple.